Monday, August 20, 2012

As my friends know, I am NOT a huge fan of Barack Obama. I was criticized for not voting in the last presidential election. I'm very opinionated (haha) but with the exception of making it abundantly clear that I think Bush and Cheney ruined this country, I don't usually take a public stand with regard to politics. But, I gotta say, Paul Ryan scares the hell out of me.

Personally, I find the whole abortion issue distasteful but I do, however, believe in a woman's right to make the choice in certain circumstances and, I don't believe our government should tell us what we can and cannot do with our bodies. There should be a clear separation of church and state. This is only one of the issues on the Romney/Ryan agenda. Please take a few minutes to read and research about these men and be informed! Ask yourself if you want your daughters and granddaughter's reproductive futures legislated by clueless old men in congress simply for political gain. Ryan's ideals could set the women's movement back decades.


Again, I'm not a fan of Obama but a non-vote for him is a vote for Romney, his 13% tax bracket and a whole lot of other scary things that go bump in the night.


Here's a couple of blurbs from the Obama-Biden website.

Paul Ryan would take us backward on women’s health:
Ryan cosponsored a bill that could ban in-vitro fertilization, as well as many common forms of birth control, including the pill. It could also ban all abortions, even in cases of rape or incest. He supported letting states prosecute women who have abortions and doctors who perform them.

Paul Ryan would take us backward on equal rights:
Ryan voted against the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which helps women fight for equal pay for equal work. He voted against repealing the discriminatory policy of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” and supports writing discrimination into the Constitution by amending it to ban gay marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment